Monday, January 2, 2012

Repair It or Live With It?

I finished my first bucket. I thought I was making it for toy storage for the kids, but it is so cute, I might just keep it for myself.



I am wondering about something and thought I would ask for some opinions, if anyone out there has any. Shortly after I started sewing, within the first few days, the reverse lever on my sewing machine broke. I have been manually turning my fabric in order to backstitch at the end of my seams. It is easy enough to do and gets the job done, but I am wondering if my stitches look so messy on the ends because of this...or just because I do not really know what I am doing. I am not sure how much it would cost to have it repaired, but I am considering at least asking the question at a machine repair shop.


One more thing before I head to bed. I remembered today, when I was edge stitching my bucket, that I can remove the storage box from the front of my machine while sewing. I am not sure why I never thought of this before - it made it so much easier to make it around those curves along the edge of the bucket and would have been really useful for other projects as well. Well, it will be good to know for the future, I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment