Friday, December 16, 2011

Finished my Second Project!

Hooray! I finished my second project yesterday. It is a bowling game set that I made for my nephew for a Christmas gift. I have to admit that I am awfully proud of my work.


It really came out much better than I had anticipated. The pins stand up well with the addition of a small moong bean bag sewn into the bottom of each. And the seams look relatively clean. I love the fabrics and I am even thinking of making a second set of these for my own little ones.

The hand stitches are definitely the messiest part of the project, but I guess that is to be expected since they rely much more on my dexterity than those created by the machine. They came out rather puckered despite my best effort not to pull the thread too tight. And the thread popped through to the outside of the fabric a few times. But even the hand stitches were better than I had expected and the most important thing is that they will keep the pins closed and the stuffing inside.



I think the brown pin came out the best on the bottom...but what is the deal with the top? It is all crooked and uneven. Well, room for improvement, I guess...


By the way, I bought the pattern for this bowling set from Birdiful Stitches and the fabric came from StitchStashDiva, both on Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. um, yes! you should be proud of your work! these look great. I think I just may use this idea for a gift! and I have to say that my sweetie just got me a book "One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!" and it's filled with patterns. Here I just may begin to venture on some "real" projects and see what I can do! You are doing some great work here.... keep it going, you are inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete